Pros and Cons
Pros and Cons for Mission to Mars
- Discovering new life forms - There have been many instances where we believed there were signs of life on Mars.
- Safety planet in case something happens to Earth - Some day the global population may not be able to survive off the resources here on Earth.
- Valuable Natural Resources - Mars has several elements that are the raw materials that could be harvested and utilized to support and expand human exploration of Mars and beyond.
- Inspiration to Future Genertions - Making this trip to Mars will inspire future generations to pursue a career in space exploration.
- Robots can do the job - If we send humanoid robots to Mars we can eliminate many of the dangers of space travel.
- Lack of Technology - Although NASA is developing a new spacecraft for deep space exploration, the technology to lift the required supplies into space hasn't been fully developed yet.
- It's very expensive - The Mission to Mars is going to cost more than 20 billion+ dollars
- This May be a Fatal Mission - There are many things that can go wrong on this mission. The astronauts who go on this trip are taking a big risk for their lives.